Hi B.D.
I'm writing this blog for our 1st Anniversay. Off-hand, it may seem cheap, or lame, or whatever. Well, I don't think so.
I find myself wondering, "What do I have to offer you?" In answering this question, I first come to realize that I don't have anything moneytary to offer you. Certainly not now (maybe down the road, but that's to be seen). The simplest solution for an anniversay seems like a card. I thought about getting you one (even went by a store, but it was closed at the time). I asked myself, "Why, Lil Dew, would you want to get B.D. a card?" I know the answer is that that's what you do for an anniversary. You get your partner a card. Seems weak. Why the card? What matters about the card. Well, what matters most about the card is that one was thinking about the other. And if the other got a card too, then the other was in turn thinking about the other - both thinking about the other. That's the way it should be. So I realize that ANYTHING material or monetary is merely a means to show the other that you are thinking of them.
I don't have any expectations of what our anniversary should be like. Considering the amount of energy we invest in one another day to day, I find it difficult to "out-do" our care for each other on any particular day. However, I think it is wise to take times out to celebrate and enjoy the amazing blessing that is BD & LD.
We are both so fortunate to have found eachother and to have spent such an amazing year of laughter, enjoyment, excitment, growth, discovery, love, and family. BD!!! You are my family. And I yours. WE ARE THE SHIT - but only by the grace of something outside of ourselves. And for that, we are thankful, and should work to never be complacent and forgetful.
Just know that Lil' Dew is THINKING about B.D. (you) and cares for you soooooooooo much!
Love,
L.D.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment