Thursday, July 17, 2008

"Today is a winding road, it's taken me to places that I never thought I'd go..." - Great line, just popped into my head.

Isn't it weird how you can listen to a song and enjoy it for so many reasons other than the literary content of the song. And how you might assume that you never had a clue as to what the song was really about, but how sometimes, the words will pop into your head, be profound, and make you realize that you had equated an emotion w/ that song all along, but not until now did you know that you did in fact know what the song was about all that time?

Fucking music is crazy. But then again, it's just a tiny ass piece of this infinite puzzle we exist in called life (then again, LIFE is just some one syllable (then again, SYLLABLE is just some two syllable human effort to explain the unexplainable) human effort to explain the unexplainable) which on the whole, is way fucking crazier than music.

OK. My name is Kyle, You don't need to know much about me. I write to write freely. I write when I'm interested and when I become disinterested, I either realize the source of my disinterest and change course for a more interesting experience, or I quit.SO, what's interesting? I find myself asking that question quite a bit these days. I've realized a lot of things.

1. There seems to be so much to every discussion. So many sides to ponder. So many loose ends. "Well, it could be this, but you know, it could be that. Could mean this, but could also mean that..... You know, I know he killed ten fucking people, but he must have a had a tough childhood.

2. I'm a fucking walking contradiction. We all are. B/c I wanted to make point number two be that point number 1 is bullshit. But the reality is, it's not. It's the fucking truth. THE FUCKING TRUTH!!!

3. Point number 1 is the fucking truth. There is no right or wrong. Everything is both black and white. There aren't just two sides to every story, there are infinite sides. What's the point of all this? We'll, in order to find interest in things, I think we must first figure out why we do the things we do, and consider what the hell we should in fact be doing.

Ok, I know you don't follow b/c I can't even follow myself right now. I'm lead by emotion right now, not by rationale. My emotional state would be best described as minorly frustrated (in general) w/ a dash of optimism, topped w/ an ounce or two or three of confusion (but not confused by the fact that I'm confused - meaning this minor state of confusion is a potentially good thing in that it leads to great ponderance and ultimately expression!).

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! Expression. I'm learning that I'm always learning, but more specifically, I'm learning that Expression is a powerful tool. Unedited, unscripted, real fucking expression. How do you feel? How do I feel? We do a damn good job of masking how we truly feel almost all of the time. Have you expressed yourself today? Are you really as tidy on the inside as your daily persona indicates.

Don't bother to answer, just express yourself!

No comments: